About Me

I seem to have a penant for moving to a differenty state every 5 years. I'm the mother of two (giggle giggle...I still haven't gotten use to thinking of myself as such) fabulous little girls. I once lived for shoe shopping and must now be content to look at the shoes that I would love to buy, but now take a back seat to purchasing something for my girls. I love to read, cook, decorate and redecorate, SHOP (I think thats why I have two girls), long dinners with great conversation, and your random scrabble games with free flowing wine. Anything else you need to know is trivial, but feel free to ask.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gymnorexia

Hi my name is Rosie and I'm a GYMNOREXIC (in my defense its only a mild version)

No I did not just make up a word, I've only just discovered the word for my recent ailment.


Gymnorexia: is a term used to describe anyone with a workout obssession. The feeling of emptiness if one does not workout on any given day.

I didn't know this exsisted until the other day when I saw a news report on it "the newest craze" if you must. Now I wouldn't exactly say I feel an emptiness when I don't workout but I definitely feel like something isn't right with my day...ok ok I feel guilty when I don't (maybe its not so mild) So as my pregnancy progress I wasn't able to workout the way I was used to, sure I did the walking and stretching, but where was the "good sweat" the racing heart the rush after a good workout?!?!?!?!

Needless to say other than belly diving into bed (check) I have been looking forward to my 6week Dr. appointment to get the o.k. for my good workout to resume **stay tuned for the OMG my body hurts all over post! followed by the I heart Gilad post**

P.S. If you know who Gilad is then you too have a mild version of Gymnorexia

2 comments:

Ro said...

HAHAH- Im not gonna lie.. as I looked at the pics from HS and remarked that you are the ONLY one of us that looks better NOW than you did then. I wondered out loud- HOW DO YOU DO IT.

Turns out your a workout cracky.

confession is good for the soles.
pun intended.

Alex said...

I wish I had "Gymnorexia".... is there a term for the total opposite??.. oh that would be lazy.. Got it!